Carpet Cleaning Frequency
How Often Should I Have My Carpet Cleaned?
The frequency with which you need to have your carpet cleaned in the Cheyenne area will depend upon several factors:
- How many people you have living in your home
- If you have pets
- The amount of exposure to outside dust your home sees.
Many of us live in Laramie County and the surrounding area. Dirt roads, wind and a rural lifestyle often result in more dust, grime, livestock hair and manure finding their way into our homes. All of that requires more frequent cleaning of carpeted and hard surface flooring.
Here are some basic guidelines for you to consider:
- A home with no pets or children should have flooring professionally cleaned every 12-18 months.
- A home with children or pets or a rural home should have flooring professionally cleaned every 6-12 months.
- A home that gets a high amount of traffic may choose to clean selected areas of the home as often as every 3 months.
- Remember, manufacturer’s warranties say to wait no longer than every twelve to eighteen months.
When our certified technicians visits your home, they will evaluate the needs of your household and they are happy to make recommendations that best suit your circumstances. One important thing to consider is that you want to clean your carpet before the soil begins to show. Once soil is showing, it is already causing damage to your carpet fibers which leads to your carpet aging prematurely. Regular maintenance will help to extend the life of your carpet and the health of your family!